Unit Name: A-NL - Armored Neutron-powered Linking frame
Pilot: Noland Abrams
A-NL is a heavy combat unit that is capable of linking with the specialized support unit, TUL-BAWCS, to bring out its full potential. This is not to say, however, that A-NL is dependent upon its support unit, as it is equipped with many built-in weapons that also function as multipurpose tools. A-NL can use its “tool weapons” to build traps or break down materials just as easily as it can use them to destroy an enemy mech.
A-NL’s armor is incredibly tough, due to its pilot’s preference for close combat, as well as to withstand the high heat, high-risk nature of its more utilitarian functions. A-NL is controlled via a conventional cockpit that can be ejected in emergencies, a function that is often threatened with removal by the pilot. A-NL’s armor is also sectioned and layered in several places; this spare armor can be cannibalized by TUL-BAWCS in emergency situations in order to craft new weapons.
Though A-NL’s full combat abilities are brought out by linking with TUL-Bawcs, it is equipped with several multipurpose weapons:
- Monster Pliers x2, mounted on forearms
- Chest Wrench x2, mounted in chest
- Heavy Sanders x2, mounted in feet
- Hyper Vice x2, mounted on shoulders
- Burst Hammer, Hand-held
- Barghest, mounted in lower torso; a final attack-type weapon, fashioned after a mill saw and named after a ghostly hound of English legend that brought death on sight. Its razor-sharp teeth cannot be dulled by conventional means or normal use.
(Anonymous' Note: Because it links to Tul-Bawcs, and it's heavily armored. Also, it could be powered by a prototype neutron reactor that has a nearly limitless energy output.)